Nomads will soon have its own online shop on this website from which members may order .
* Club Sleeveless sweaters are priced at £53.00(pure wool) and Longsleeve £62.00 including VAT when ordered as four of more but plus postage if sent individually.
There is a cheaper wool/acrylic mix at £43 for a sleeveless sweater and £50 for along sleeve sweater.
These may be orderd via the Hon Sec or direct to Rochford Sports Knitwear Summerleigh Quaperlake Street Bruton BA10 0HG Somerset 01749 81324001749 813240 . Prices may change. We need orders of four to get the price above so do contact the Hon Sec ahead of the 2012 season
* Please state size exactly where known chest size..42, 46 etc or small, medium, large,XL, XXL ,etc
* Caps Traditional and Baggy Australian are ordered periodically. Please supply your head size when ordering.Also for some long tours a cap is ordered.
So the sizes are Imperial MetricExtra Small..6 & 3/8ths to 6 & 1/2 or 52/53Small 6 & 5/8ths to 6 & 3/4s or 54/55 Medium 6 & 7/8ths to 7 or 56/57Large 7 & 1/8ths to 7 & 1/4s or 58/59Extra Large 7 & 3/8ths to 7 & 1/2 or 60/61XX Large 7 & 5/8ths to 7 & 3/4s or 62/63
Please would advise me of your cap size asap and send a cheque or transfer £23 to Nomads bank account 20 74 63 90696684
The Nomads cap is a Harlequin design with the club three colours. Over the years the colour interpretation of Cambridge Blue and Old Gold has varied and so has the cap. A couple of members find the design 'over the top' and too 'jazz hat' for them but most members wear the distinctive cap with pride.
* Ties do not seem to be the cool item they once perhaps were and ours was/isvery discreet. We have some new dazzling designs up our collars and these will be revealed to you in due course
* Historically the club colours have always been stated as Oxford Blue, Cambridge Blue and Old Gold since the original 17 members were either undergraduates at Oxford or Cambridge orArchitects and thus members of the RIBA. However as long as anyone can remember the club had used the much lighter Gold in its colours presumably on aesthetic grounds but for the cap some have recently been produced with the deeper Old Gold.. The above has been the received wisdom for decades.However the original club Minutes book reveals that the current colours were adopted in 1910. * Shirts. We have produced shirts for tours.For both the Goa and one of the Rome tours most recently. Last summer (2017) we supplied a large number of shirts and these proved popular. We have in stock a lot of so called large shirts but in back these are for slimsters.There is no charge should you want one. We intend to have some more larger sized shirts made for 2018.