Nomads CC Annual General Meeting was held on March 3rd Tuesday 2020 7.00pm
At Grange Strathmore Hotel 41 Queen’s Gate Gardens, London SW7 5NB
The Strathmore served us a substantial buffer Indian Cuisine dinner once the AGM was concluded for which the charge was £20 although one attendee could not wait for the meeting to finish.Twenty three candidates and members(current and former) were present.One member failed to make it beyond the pub beforehand.
0 Welcome and Apologies
nb: No resolution ( other than one relating to items 1-16 on the Agenda) may be considered unless a notice signed by the member proposing to move it and stating its terms has been received by the Hon Secretary M.E.Blumberg 3 Whitehall London SW1A 2DD, not later than two days prior to the AGM. MEB February 13th 2020 A few weeks later the Coronavirus Lockdown came in and all plans for 2020 were put on hold. Play resumed with special regulations on July 12th
1 Minutes of the last AGM
2 Captain’s report for 2019
3 The Hon Treasurer’s Report 2019
4 Confirmation of New Members elected 2019
5 Election of Officers
6 Election Of Club Captain & Vice Captains
7 Election of Committee Members
8 Annual Subscription
9 Fixing of Match Fee 2020
10 Nomads Caps, Sweaters, Ties & Blazers and leisure wear
11 Fixtures 2020 and Fixture Card
14 Tours 2020
15 Future Tours
17 Dinner 2020 & 2021
18 Any Other business
* The club captain reported a successful 2019 season and considered the club to be in rude good health.
* The Treasurer reported a small surplus and recommended no change to subs and match fees. There had been extra cost in 2019 with the website as we had to move platforms.
* Some 26 new members were confirmed and welcomed to the club. It was remarked that this number seemed to be very healthy indicator.
* In the absence of the Fixture Secretary who was undergoing surgery the Hon Sec ran through the 2020 programme of fixtures pointing out a number of new ones including the Chelsea Arts Club CC which is being played at Harrow School(not John Lyon School).Our annual match with John Lyon school was cancelled as the school is playing in some competition that day.We play a two day trip in Glos. We play the Oxford University Authentics in The Parks also Nazeing, Cockfosters and Sajjad’s Alliance.There is a new tour destination to Dordogne in France over August Bank Holiday.
*The officers of the club were all relected by acclamation.Five Vice Captains were appointed-Michael Blumberg, Ross Ormiston, Victor Kandampully,Ben Butcher and Bill Johnson.
* Match fees were discussed at length. Some greater flexibility was agreed in future so £10 for an afternoon match may stretch to £15 were there is a ground hire charge(shared or not).Likewise the whole day game fee may range from £15 to £25 reflecting the charge for catering and or ground charge). Under 21s and students will be charge a discounted fee as appropriate. It was noted that several ground hire charges had been seriously increased for 2020.
*A tour to Moscow was proposed in 2021.
* There was much discussion as to the annual subscription and whether it should be raised and a tiered sub introduced to increase the club’s revenue but not put off prospective new young members. No decision was taken and the matter deferred for further consultations with the membership.
* There was some discussion on the future administration of the club and it was agreed to reinstate regular committee meetings with this in mind.
* New Caps had been ordered. A club shirt is being procured. There is still 12 metres of cloth available for more blazers. Sweaters had increased in price.
* A new Fixture Card design indeed a booklet is being prepared for 2020 season.
Charles Fellows-Smith dined well and substantially. A small caucus lingered at the Hotel Bar way past 11pm.
MEB March 5th 2020
nb: No resolution ( other than one relating to items 1-16 on the Agenda) may be considered unless a notice signed by the member proposing to move it and stating its terms has been received by the Hon Secretary M.E.Blumberg 3 Whitehall London SW1A 2DD, not later than two days prior to the AGM.
MEB February 13th 2020
A few weeks later the Coronavirus Lockdown came in and all plans for 2020 were put on hold. Play resumed with special regulations on July 12th